Nationally, Smile for a Lifetime (S4L) provides scholarships for orthodontic care for hundreds of patients each year, and has participating orthodontists throughout the US. Hello Ortho's Chapter has its own Board of Directors who chooses the patients to be treated by the Foundation.
Guidelines for Applying for an S4L Scholarship
- Applicant questionnaire must be handwritten and answered by the applicant.
- Applicant must be a resident of Napa/Solono County.
- Applicant must have a significant aesthetic need for braces.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicant must be between 10 to 18 years old (For further questions please contact your local Smile for a Lifetime Chapter)
- Applicant must be a currently enrolled student
- Applicant should demonstrate a positive attitude
- Applicant must agree to follow the treatment plan and demonstrate the ability and commitment to make all appointments on time
- Applicant is encouraged to display involvement and leadership in extracurricular activities
- Must be willing during the treatment period to “pay it forward” by completing 10 hours of community service.
- Two Letters of Recommendation are mandatory. Please do not submit more than two letters and limit each reference letter to one page each. Please type or print clearly with black ink (no pencil). Letters of recommendations may be written by teachers/coaches, counselors, dentists or spiritual leader etc.
- A clear 5x7 head shot with full smile & teeth showing must be included with application.
- The application, letters of reference and pictures will not be returned and will become property of Smile for a Lifetime Foundation.
- Applications will be reviewed on a quarterly basis. Applications are received on an ongoing basis. Each applicant will be notified of approval or denial after the end of each selection process.
Return the completed application, applicant questionnaire and dentist recommendation, letters of recommendation, photos and treatment contract together in one packet to Hello Ortho